Monday 5 January 2009

New Year, New Me, New Car

Happy New Year to all of you. I hope you had a joyful holiday. We certainly did. I felt genuinely happy to stay here with the monkeys and we had a very relaxing time. So now it is time to get back to routine. The 7.15 AM start this morning was not exactly great but when we opened the curtains and saw a thin white carpet outside, nothing could ruin our day! There wasn't enough to try the new sledge but who knows, we had the best weather for years in Manchester over Christmas so might expect a little more soon. 


I don't do New Year's resolutions (or disillusions as girl monkey said last year). Never seen the point because I would probably feel guilty if I couldn't keep them and that would drain my energy. However I am always keen to start a new year afresh, full of good intentions and plans. I looked back at my two plans last year. One read that I wanted to make more things and sell more at craft fairs and I achieved that. The other one was a long term one (i.e. 5 years or more) and it was to either live or spend more time near the beach. I am not too bothered about that one any more, I am very happy where I am thank you. 

What are my plans for this year? Well certainly be more consistent in my production. I might still try to be strict and put a few hours aside each and every day but this first day back I didn't manage. I do have a good reason though: Mr Betsy got me a new car (well it'll be here later this week) and I've made some arrangements for that, boy monkey needed a new passport and I was looking at this :


Help! The photo is bad in every single way. It is blurred and not the best view from my bed. My bedroom is lovely and sunny when the sun shines and a beautiful place to read a book and contemplate. During the holidays though it has been used as a dumping ground, hiding place, laundrette etc. THIS IS IN DIRE NEED OF IMPROVEMENT! I will work on this room very soon and hopefully upholster the little reading bench again. The monkeys managed to spill a few things here and there and it's not exactly looking clean. 

Another area that needed the FLYlady treatment was the kitchen and I had to spend some time there first today.  There was a lovely smell of cleaning materials and coffee as I walked in after school and girl monkey then twisted my arm and said "Mummy we need to do some crafts today" so we made this sweet fairy princess. We've put her in the tree tonight. It's the last day though, tomorrow is the 6th and it will be the day to take down all the Christmas decorations. I have already planned to make quite a few of these for the tree next year. 
It will be empty in the lounge tomorrow but I want to avoid the anti-climax feeling by filling the place with bulbs in bloom and some Spring colours over the next few days. That should give a spring to my step (no pun intended!)


No comments: