Friday 23 January 2009

Little Holbeins

I need a little break from clearing out my bedroom. My friend Jo told me it had taken her 5 hours so I thought I had a go too. In the spirit of the "New Year, New Me" I thought it would be a good idea to clear out the house, let go of objects from the past and just hold onto the nice memories. I have been sorting out my handbags (how sad is that) but it has taken me an hour to go through all the bits. Anyway I suppose it will clear my mind. The bedroom is the warmest room in the house, it is a sunny day and I've got my favorite music on in the background.

I had the toddlers coming round again for arts and crafts club and this week they turned into little Holbeins. We took the story of The Spanish Princess and the portrait of Henry VIII as a starting point and then the little ones got going with silks, gems, lace, doilies, furs and some glue to either create their own portraits or that of their favourite animal. Their results as usual are just brilliant!




No comments: