Tuesday 30 December 2008

My best bestest play

After days of indulging ourselves we've finally managed to do something again. Girl monkey said to me that she had the best Christmas ever and I think she is right. For once she had all the food she liked, stockings in bed, presents under the tree and lots of friends to play with. We stayed home this year. Usually it is a huge palaver to please both sets of grandparents and the monkeys miss out an awful lot because of all the traveling we have to do. I hope to repeat the good times we had this Christmas next year. 

Anyway today we went to see the best play I have seen for young children, based on the fabulous characters of Charlie and Lola. Mr Betsy suggested we go and I had no idea what to expect but it was totally and utterly brilliant. The stage and the props were a delight, there were surprises for the children and the cast were great. Andrew Cullimore is Manchester's answer to Zac Efron and we can only hope to see more of him!

Please if anyone has the opportunity to go and see this show this week you will not be disappointed. 



I haven't done any crafting in the last 10 days or so and can't wait to start again. However I promised the children to just do things with them this holiday. In order to get in the mood again for the new year I bought Craft 01, 02 and 03 today and Betz White's Warm Fuzzies. She makes the most adorable things. 

I cannot believe that tomorrow is New Year's Eve. I can so vividly remember last year's and the year before that one. I considered having a quiet one with the monkeys but we are now really looking forward to a party with friends. Bring on 2009! New Year, New Me!

No comments: