Wednesday 5 November 2008

Smiles all around

Several things made me smile today: the headlines of the American presidential elections, the fireworks tonight (especially boy monkey's face), the gorilla in the chocolate advert on TV and the thought of the little ones coming to art class in two days time. I had planned to do printing this session but I just read Katie and the Bathers by James Mayhew and I liked it so much that I decided to do some pointillist pictures instead. I made a little example this afternoon, though I cheated, only part of the picture was done in dots. Girl monkey can't wait to put it in her room now. 

She was very happy anyway this afternoon because I got her a doughnut in town (Krispy Kreme, no other) and am sewing her a little slouchy velvet leopard print dress. I love smiling and seeing smiling faces. Life is too short not to. 

No comments: