Monday 3 November 2008

Sew sew

A number of weeks ago Mr Betsy chose this fabulous sewing machine for me. My first electronic one (yep I had a few antique ones before that) was about 20 years old and gave up on me just after I finished some theatre costumes. Now it has taken me a while to open that box for various reasons (knitting, embroidery, domestic dramas) but today I got it out and sewn my first little pillow case on my new machine!! I was thrilled to bits, I've got a long list of things to do, amongst others sewing a lovely silk Christmas dress for girl monkey, and I can't wait to get going. 



I bought some lovely ribbons at the Contemporary Craft fair at Manchester Grammar School last week at the Selvedge stand and I will now be able to sew myself some long needed linen pillow cases. 


No comments: