Thursday 31 July 2008

Day 11

So what did we do today? Boring things such as sorting out paperwork, laundry, keeping up with FLYlady and hoovering but we also did some fun things!

The monkeys made super scrumptious pink fairy cakes. They were so delicious that I had to write down the recipe for my friend where we had dinner tonight so here it is :

100 gram sugar
100 gram butter
100 gram self raising flour
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence 
1 tbsp natural red food colouring

Cream the sugar and butter, add one beaten egg and a tbsp of flour, then the next and mix in remainder of ingredients, pop in a preheated over 180 C for 20 mins. The monkeys then decorated them with Swaziland strawberry jam and sugar hearts. 



I finally managed to hang this Under the Sea pocket quilt above girl monkey's bed. It is in a temporary place hence not entirely straight but at least it is up. I picked it up from the exhibition in the GMEX in March when it was still only four panels. I have since put them on a backing but it took a while to put the border and the loops on it. Girl monkey was thrilled to bits because she helped me design it. I heard about the exhibition at a time when I was low on 'Under the Sea' inspiration so she thought it would be a good idea to have something for her room. Smiles all around again.....
The monkeys and I then went to my friend Rosana where we had a lovely dinner and I came away with these fab felt pockets. I do not know yet what I am going to do with them but I think that some might be put on a denim skirt and others might turn into some jewels for an apron. I will keep you posted.


No comments: