Thursday 11 September 2008

Urbis

I am suffering from a broken heart, badly. Shattered would be a better word to describe it. I would love to curl up and hibernate. Opening my eyes on the first day of Spring, bathing in sunlight waiting for a prince on a horse to come and rescue me. Alas we do not live in an ideal world and I have two beautiful monkeys to take care of and give them the best life possible. So I drag myself out of bed every day, try to look my best and put a smile on my face.
I am not achieving a lot apart from living from day to day with the help of my friends but as I would like to start creating again I got myself on a bus this morning and went to Urbis in Manchester City Centre to get some inspiration from the Matthew Williamson : 10 years in fashion exhibition. I saw some wonderful pieces there and took pictures on my phone however my bluetooth device does not seem to connect. 
I then had a quick look around the shops and treated myself to these lovely purple pumps and a fuchsia polka dot umbrella (can't leave home without one this summer). I thought their colours would cheer me up. I will need a lot of cheering up and a little retail therapy however small always helps a bit. 


Girl monkey then cheered me up with her delicious petit-fours that she made of mini meringues, home-made lemon curd and raspberries. She is such a sweetheart. I just loved it!



No comments: