Thursday 18 September 2008

Lady Marmalade

Last night I went to an absolutely charming gallery in Knutsford. I had not heard of Canvas Lounge before but was very pleased to be introduced there. My friend Rosana Ibarrola shows her work there and I saw fabulous textile pieces and a piece made of bits of rusty metal that I was very keen to take home with me. The gallery hosted a fun evening to raise money for Breast Cancer. On display was the work Lady Marmalade by Ashwan a renowned international artist and musician, created especially for the Breast Cancer Charity. All the guests were encouraged to either sign the work or add something to it. Absolutely fabulous. The work will be auctioned online and I urge everyone to have a look, bid on the work or try to leave a donation for this very worthwhile cause. It's a charity close to my heart. 


Please try the following link where the work will be auctioned online for one week starting Monday 22 Sept. : www. trcreative.co.uk/bc 

And as we were leaving we all received such a lovely goody bag. It will be a surprise for the monkeys when they get back from school. The mini gingerbread man is too sweet to gobble up.


No comments: