Tuesday 23 December 2008

Ding Dong Merrily on High

For those of you who have been following me recently (blog-wise or in real life), you will have noticed that I am in Christmas jolly overdrive. I just feel that I have been given a new leash of life and am making the most of it. 
Christmas for me is one of the best times of year, it brings out the best in people and with such a wonderful community spirit in Manchester I can only be very, very happy indeed. 
Today was all about being in the spirit of Christmas and I enjoyed a lovely lunch with friends and all of our children, dancing madly to Christmas songs old and new, putting on our Santa hats and all that.
Tonight I gate-crashed a carol singing party along the road of one of my friends. Well I wasn't exactly gate-crashing, in fact I was invited but I was the only one not to live on their road. We enjoyed mulled wine and mince pies and went knocking on all the doors, singing our carols and holding beautiful lanterns. The children just loved it and so did I. Years ago I wouldn't think I could ever sing (badly) at someone's door at Christmas but this was the second time this month we went out to do this and it was just so joyful. Isn't that what life is all about, bringing joy to other people and thoroughly enjoying it yourself? 



No comments: