Friday 15 March 2013

Some places in the Lakes

Some time ago I went to stay in the Lake District where I came across a couple of lovely places to eat. I intended to put them online as soon as I got back but the business cards got lost in the mountain of paperwork in my bedroom. Every year I get more and more on top of this rather time consuming task but now that I would like to have an all white bedroom asap I have started a cleaning frenzy and just came across these cards again. In case some of you are in need of some tips for places to go I can recommend The Log House in Ambleside. Here I had one of the most enjoyable nights and most delicious meals I can remember. 




The staff were lovely, fires burning and I'm hoping to spend a night there some time. 

For lunch I'd gone to Lazy Daisy's Lakeland Kitchen in Windermere where they served the most gorgeous sandwiches, soups and cakes. I loved the decor and the wall paper in the ladies toilets (go check it out when you are there). Again lovely staff but perhaps this is the way everyone is in Cumbria? There were some lovely shops in Windermere as well and I could have bought all the stock at Detail. They have some fabulous stationary and quirky gifts and thankfully an online gift shop!

I bought some of the local produce and obviously had to try a Kendal Mint Cake (this reminded me of the sugar animals I used to get for St Nicholas day when I was little) and the most delicious freshly baked gingerbread, which sadly can only be bought at The Gingerbread Shop in Grasmere. 

Hoping to go back to this lovely part of the country and try out some more lovely places, I am now going to sort out a chimney sweep as whilst I'm writing this a nice soot drop caused my floor to look like a black sandpit. 

No comments: