Friday 20 March 2009

Spring has sprung

Finally after a long and very cold winter we've had the first days of Spring! I had my washing out and went to the park without my coat. I just love that smell when I take my clothes of the line, keep sniffing them; I would be a perfect candidate for an advert. 

Oh my, just noticed that I haven't posted anything for over a week. Several excuses (of course!) one of them being that I had my lovely friend Katinka to come and stay with me for a few days and of course spending all that time outside this week. 
Another reason is that a lot of my time was taken up making curtains for a customer from this beautiful piece of silk that she brought back from India years ago. It really was a pleasure to make them. Silk does that to me, especially when it is embroidered. 




I did make some bookmarks too ....


and cut the fabric for pincushions and beanbags.


The laminated bookmarks I made from old UK road maps and bits of decoration (glitters, bits of gift wrap and fabric). 

On my way to the fabric store yesterday I found these red, white and blue clothes hangers for the monkeys. I bought them a set each, they'll love that Dutch touch in their wardrobe. It's nearly Queen's Day (30th April) so we'll be having lots more red, white and blue things as well as orange around the house. 


Planning to go to the Manchester Craft Mafia opening at the Craft and Design Centre tomorrow, sounds fabulous. 

No comments: