Wednesday 12 January 2011

Royal Parcel Disaster

We all seem to be suffering from a "Kate (now Catherine) & Wills overload" but rest assured the Royal in the title has nothing to do with the second-in-line to the throne and his bride-to-be but with the ever inefficient Royal Mail parcel service.

In my quest to diminish my migraines I have taken out every book of the library that deals with the matter and am now trying one new supplement every month to make sure it doesn't give me any funny side effects. For the month of January I am taking magnesium every day. So far not bad, I have had a couple of headaches but mainly caused by stress due to unsatisfactory delivery of parcels!

One of these was a jar of frozen bee pollen, said to relieve headaches when added to smoothies. Sent by the vendor with an ice pack, first class recorded, it was in the post for a week! The jar was warm (clearly kept in nice conditions) and rendered unsuitable to use. Needless to say I had to return this via Royal Mail, wasting my time and regretting the fact that my wanted bee pollen had to go back.

I understand that the Christmas period this year caused a lot of delays but would have hoped they had cleared these by early January. Another such parcel containing a lovely bottle of Shloer arrived about 3 weeks after it was sent, packaging damaged, lovely liquid still in the bottle though!

However another package arrived just two days after having been sent, slightly damaged but within good time. As I didn't know what was in it, it was a surprise and a very nice one at that: a lovely box of Lotus Olbas tissues! It even came with instructions on the side: "Crush the tissues to release the oil vapours. Breathe in the natural vapours before and after blowing your nose." Honestly they are so lovely scented I did not need to crush anything at all. I love the minty smell, they work like a treat and are soft to use for my little red nose. Someone, somewhere knew I was in need of some TLC!


I think I am done with the parcels this week apart from returning a pair of jeans bought on Ebay. They were listed as brand new, never worn. Unfortunately they had been used and washed. The name of the person listing them should have given it away: fashion rags. For someone who works at ASOS you'd thought they know better. Never been duped on Ebay before but there's a first for everything I suppose. Anyway enough ranting about parcels, it is time to stick my nose in some magazines!

No comments: