Thursday 12 April 2012

Global Art Project for Peace 2

This week I received the long awaited letter from Global Art Project for Peace with the details of my exchange partner. This is the third time I am taking part in this biannual exercise of sending thousands of messages of peace in the shape of a work of art around the world 'simultaneously'.
My partner this year is again in the USA. The idea is to try and partner up as many participants with one from another country so the chances are small to get a partner from outside the USA I suppose because it is an American organisation. Not that that matters at all, I am excited! I'd been thinking about what I should make this year. The first year I made a quilt, the second year a Suffolk puff pillow and it wasn't until I found my mum's old weaving loom from the seventies under my bed this afternoon that I knew what I wanted to make. Having blown the dust of I managed to thread it correctly.



I won't reveal what it is, just in case my exchange partner checks the blog but here is a sneak peak of the start. All I will say is that it has been inspired by Delft Blue and Dutch history (now there's something new!)


For those of you following Busy Betsy on Facebook: Herman was hungry today and has been fed. More will be revealed next week!

No comments: