Monday 8 September 2008

Life Laundry

The first morning of the academic year and I decided to do some life laundry. But before I started (and found these fabulous images in a Conde Nast publication of September 1954 hidden between my craft books) I went to do a little shopping in Didsbury village. I love going to the shops here, the shop owners are so lovely, there are friendly faces in the street and on every trip I will bump into a friendly neighbour or parent from school. The charming owner of the Freshsave deli gave me two bags of 'exotic red bananas from Colombia' to try. A real treat but quite a few bananas to consume so I headed home and made my smoothie of the day. I do like mine quite tangy nowadays, I suppose that is the influence of Mr Betsy. I added the juice of one lemon, two small red bananas, a handful of grapes and strawberries and a small glass of apple juice and blended the lot. It kept me going for a few hours.


Back to the life laundry. I have no idea if I will stay in this lovely area and if so for how long but whatever happens I will surely miss the friendly atmosphere here. Life is full of surprises, some nice, others not at all but one has to make choices in life and when a choice has been made make the most of it. My motto has always been you only live once so make the most of it and whatever happens nothing is going to stand in the way. Even if this means moving to the other side of the world. Smile and the world smiles with you!



No comments: